Thursday, August 23, 2007

Right back in the saddle

And she’s back in business, folks!

I have finally gotten off of my toosh and back into writing in a big way. The day job (AKA “The Old Ball and Chain”) has been killing me almost nonstop since April.
This past month, I’ve been working on a short (15 pages or less) script for the Reel Women screenwriting competition here in Austin that closes at the end of August.

That script was the first one I'd written, ever. I had so much fun writing it that I caught the bug and ended up ordering Final Draft.

The funny thing is that I got interested in screenwriting as a way to tune up my flat and cliched dialogue that was weighing down my historical. And as it turned out, I like this format as much as (and sometimes more than) novel writing.

Submitting my script got me into a frenzy of writing. Now I have two contemporary stories that I'm working on. My local RWA chapter is holding a retreat in September and I'll be submitting one of those for critique.

On the erotica side, I have a project I'm working on for Ellora's Cave's Quickie Series. This next one (for 2008) will be Jewels of the Nile, and when doing research for my story, I stumbed upon some info that I think will make a great basis for my second screenplay.

No comments: